Dissertation Writing Guidance From Choosing Topic To The Defense
Composing a dissertation is no easy and sort process! It can take a long time, and often time years, to compose a successful thesis. There are many steps involved before you submit your final paper, and in this article we will go through the process step-by-step.
- Introduction: Here, you will tell the audience why you chose the topic and what your paper will be discussing.
- Literature Review: This is a comprehensive review of the literature that has been published on the topic you are writing about.
- Methodology: In this section, you will describe your approach to collecting your data. You need to analyze your method thoroughly.
- Results: Here you will present your results and analyze them.
- Conclusion: The conclusion should discuss how your results support your thesis statement and what the possible consequences of your research are.
The first step to writing your thesis will be to choose a topic. We recommend that you meet up with your supervisor to discuss a suitable topic for your paper. From the offset you will realize the importance of choosing a supervisor with whom you are compatible with, since they will be extremely important for you to achieve success in your work.
After you have settled on a topic, we strongly recommend to conduct some research before you finalize the topic and to look at some of the literature that you can implement into your paper.
Once you have confirmed your topic, you will need to craft a proposal to show to the committee. The proposal is basically a justification for why you should conduct the research in your topic. Ensure that you answers question such as why it is important to undertake the research and what the consequences of your work.
Once your proposal has been successful, you may start putting your full effort into writing your work. Remember, that the structure of a dissertation is as such:
Once you have completed your paper, you need to give it to your supervisor to look through and recommend some changes and improvements.
Once you have completed your final draft, you will need to defend your paper to the committee that you presented your proposal to. Remember to not be nervous and know about every aspect of your paper. After the defense, you will be able to submit your final draft to your supervisor.
As you can see, crafting a dissertation is a long process, but the rewards are definitely worth the effort and time you have to put in.